Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Simple half-square triangles



A quilt block as simple as a half-square triangle can make a dramatic impact....


I smiled this morning when I stumbled upon the Southern Fabric (so fab) Blog.  And smiled even more as I scrolled through all the free quilt patterns and tutorials provided by the Southern Fabric team. Aubrey Marshall started her company in 2004 and continues to delight her followers with an array of free patterns she has assembled from quilt designers across the web. 
Here's one that really put a smile on my face and got me energized with its vibrant use of fabric.   The Victoria Quilt.  It's so simple....it's simply half-square triangles arranged in a herringbone design. 






Don't have much time, but need to get that baby quilt made before the baby gets here!  I'm smiling at yet another half-square triangle idea - A star that can be completed in no time.  This one designed by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter





But, oh boy, did I laugh out loud when I clicked on this Magic 8 Trick - 8 HST's just by stitching around the square. And they've even done the math!
 Need a lot in a hurry....it's magic. 
It's not always what you know, but who you know and follow. 
Take a minute or two to enjoy all those free quilt patterns,
 then go pick your fabric and get it done. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment...We love hearing from you!